Monday 15 October 2018

Watermelon Needlecase

My offering for a recent fruit themed swap on the My Makes Forum was this cute little watermelon needle case:


The pages of the needle case were made from two circles of white felt, hand stitched to the larger green circle.  The stitches on the outside were hidden by the white and pink circles when assembled.
The outside was formed of three circles of felt, cut with concentric circle dies on my Big Shot Plus.  I sewed black beads onto the pink circle to represent the melon seeds, then stitched the three circles together with running stitch and edged the green felt circle with blanket stitch.  I just caught the green felt with the running stitches rather than going all the way through so they would be invisible on the inside.

I attached a button and a loop of ribbon to fasten the case closed and sent it off on its way for the swap.


2 comments: