Saturday 4 November 2017

Fun with ATCs and Creative Prompts Part 1

I have been having lots of fun with ATCs lately: as part of the Mixed Up Mag Mixer PicNMix Challenge, each week we are given a creative prompt and use it to make an ATC, then when the 52 weeks are up I will have a library of creative prompts for use when inspiration is lacking.  I've been enjoying this a great deal and here are my makes so far:


Week 1: Use your most recent purchase
Having been to Stamperama in Stevenage a few days before, I had plenty to choose from here!  I used the Cracked Pistachio and Peeled Paint Distress Oxides I had bought, together with Memories stamp from Woodware and a Stamposaurus stencil to create the background along with some other Distress inks from my stash, a book paper flower and some FLower Soft for a bit of texture.




Week 2: Make circles with your coffee cup

I used the Tim Holtz Splatters stencil for my "coffee rings" on watercolour paper with a little Grunge Paste and some gold acrylic paint, topped with some Card Candi, a stamped sentiment and some sewing thread.










Week 3: Use up old alpha or number stickers/die cuts
This one was great fun - I got out all my old sheets of peel off and adhesive paper alphabets and numbers - there are some really odd characters in some of the sets from different languages so it was a great opportunity to use up all the signs and symbols I've never going to need.  I stuck them all to the ATC, finished with some chipboard punctuation then lightly gessoed over the top and coloured with Distress Paint and Distress Crayons.  I was very pleased with the final result.

No comments:

Post a Comment