Sunday 12 June 2016

Hexagon Necklace


I made this nature themed neckace for the Fiskarettes UK Facebook page
 
I used a Fiskars hexagon punch to cut the shapes from white shrink plastic, coloured them with all the different blue Promarkers I could lay my hands on and stamped them with various nature themed stamps (flowers, bird, dragonfly, butterfly and feather) with Staz-On ink. I highlighted the flowers on the darkest hexagon with silver gel pen as I knew the colours would darken once I had shrunk the plastic.  
 
I used scrap card to plan out where the linking holes needed to be
 
 
I punched holes to link them together then shrunk them with a heat gun and joined them with jump rings.
They hexagons shrunk to about a third of the original size
  I cut two lengths of rattail cord, threaded one through the jump ring on each end of the hexagons and used silver wire to wrap each end of the doubled cords and attach the clasp.
 

1 comment:

  1. Really clever Carolyn. Loved the colours and design you used. Shabneez xxx

    ReplyDelete