Saturday 13 August 2016

Button Heart Hoop

A pretty room decoration from a scrap of dressmaking fabric, an embroidery hoops and lots of buttons and beads from my stash









A nice little stash buster I made for the Fiskarettes UK Facebook page back in June. 

I cut a scrap of dress fabric just larger than my embroidery hoop, drew a heart shape
and sewed on a variety of buttons and beads with a few different shades of embroidery silk, then filled in the gaps with seed beads.

I felt it needed a backing as the fabric I had used was quite thin, so to finish the back I trimmed the surplus fabric to about an inch, ran a running stitch around the edge to gather it and stitched a circle of felt to cover the raw edges.

I have had the hoop for years and never used it for its intended purpose but it now looks really pretty on the wall.  I think I may make some more to go with it!







No comments:

Post a Comment