Thursday 24 October 2019

Halloween Stuffed Pocket


I don't normally do much for Halloween but this is a stuffed pocket I made for a swap on the Newbie Junk Journal Makers Facebook group.  The basis is a 9" x 12" strip of paper, folded lengthways to make a 4.5" x 12" strip and scored at 5" from the bottom to make the first pocket.  The middle pocket is 4.5" wide by 3" .  I made it double thickness for strength so I cut a piece 4.5" x 6" and folded it in half.  The third pocket is 4.5" x 1.5" so I cut 4.5" x 3" and again folded it in half.  You could of course make them 9" wide and fold them in half the other way, it depends what size your scraps of paper are. Just be careful of using one-way designs: make sure they are the right way up when folded.


The pockets all line up at the base. I made them all top-loading so glued both sides and the bottom. I trimmed the top of the largest pocket with lace, the middle with gold ball chain and the bottom one with spotty ribbon.  I also added a parade of spiders from some Halloween table confetti.



I used the packaging from the confetti to make a couple of pockets on the back as well.  The idea of the swap was to add plenty of Halloween ephemera, so I printed some tags and journalling cards from Calico Collage and the Graphics Fairy, and added some elements from a Halloween bunting.



One well and truly stuffed Halloween pocket. I hope the recipient will enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment