Friday 20 December 2019

Christmas Carol Challenge and Swap

It's definitely a Christmas Carol theme this Christmas - firstly the Dickens novel was our book club read for December, then I took part in a challenge which involved making a card and a mixed media piece, one to be based on the Dickens and the other to be any Christmas carol, using Artisan Design products.  Then the carol theme was chosen for a 6x6 scrapbook page swap on the My Makes forum.

These are my makes for the challenge.  My card is "In the Bleak Midwinter" with some suitably wintry looking deer and a village scene, and for my mixed media piece I took a canvas board and used Distress Oxides on photo paper to give a stone effect for Scrooge's headstone.  The lettering was done by hand. In both I have used the Artisan Design Snowflake mask and Distress Oxides as a background, and in the Scrooge one I've used the AD Fern stamp to add some foliage round the stone.  Flock made a nice snowy effect on both.

I made a similar style Bleak Midwinter scrapbook page for one of the swaps, and the other was inspired by The Holly and The Ivy.

I was lucky enough to be a winner in the challenge and received this wonderful prize of a set of Faber Castell watercolour pencils.


2 comments: