Saturday 4 November 2017

Fun with ATCs and Creative Prompts Part 3

Week 7: Stencil with dots, circles or squares

For this week's ATC I decided to use one of my favourite and most versatile stencils, TCW's Mini Well Rounded.  I tinted some Grunge Paste with pale blue acrylic paint and stencilled over a Distress Oxide background, then finished off with some vintage images from Pinterest. 











Week 8: Use watercolours or water based media
I got my old watercolours out for this one but wasn't completely happy with the results so went for Distress inks instead, dabbing two shades of pink and an orange on my craft sheet and spritzing with water then dragging watercolour paper through repeatedly until I got the effect I was after.  I then stamped the sentiment with green Stampin' Up ink and knocked it right back with Picket Fence paint, topped with clear Wink of Stella.  Finally I got the watercolour set back out again, as it had exactly the right purple I wanted for the splatter effect and the edges of the ATC, and finished off with a sparkly epoxy sticker.


Week 9: Work in black and white and 1 other colour
I really enjoyed making this one: black card with white Grunge Paste through the Tim Holtz Splatters stencil, then I found the pinkest, sparkliest cardstock in my stash and die cut a feather and some more of those tiny butterflies with a printed sentiment to finish it off.  I think this would work well scaled up as a card too.

No comments:

Post a Comment