Saturday 4 November 2017

Fun with ATCs and Creative Prompts Part 2

After a short break while I was on holiday in Dorset I had some catching up to do with my ATCs.

Week 4: Be inspired by words from a song or poem
This was quite a hard prompt as I couldn't make my mind up!  After a couple of false starts I decided to base my ATC on a song from my childhood by Val Doonican, the words of the chorus are:

"Across my dreams
With nets of wonder
I chase the bright elusive butterflies of love."

I used scraps of book paper to represent dreams, coloured with Distress Crayons, and some fruit packaging for the butterfly net.  

I picked up some teeny tiny butterfly dies in a charity shop that are absolutely the perfect size for ATCs - I'm sure these will be used many times during this challenge but I've no idea where they originally came from! 


Week 5: Print with bubble wrap
I started by playing with several shades of blue paint on my bubble wrap so the underwater theme suggested itself, topped by a cute little seahorse stamp which was a cover mount on Craft Stamper magazine.  I stamped her in gold paint and then overstamped in black archival ink, then filled the outline with glitter glue in two colours.  I added more glitter glue to highlight some of the tiny bubbles and give the impression of seaweed and used some microbeads in blues and greens for texture on some of the bubble wrap bubbles.






Week 6: Add book paper - tear it with abandon
 The next ATC was layered with Distress Paint over a background stamped with butterflies and flowers, topped with dictionary pages of the definitions of "wild" and "free", distressed with Vintage Photo ink.  I used my stamp positioner to stamp and emboss the text and butterfly stamp a couple of times to get a really heavy embossed effect.   



No comments:

Post a Comment