Friday 22 June 2018

Colour themed ATCs

I have had some mixed media fun with the ATC swap on the My Make Forum this month.  The brief was: three ATCs, all mainly the same colour.

I chose aqua as I'd just bought some aqua metallic paint from our new local craft shop and wanted to try it out!

The first one has a collaged paper background edged in Peacock Feather Distress Oxide.  I mixed some of the metallic paint with Grunge Paste through a starry stencil, and once it dried I overstamped in black archival with more stars and a sentiment, and finished off with a star sequin.

The middle ATC has a Distress Oxide background of Peacock Feather and Cracked Pistachio.  I used the blended Grunge Paste as before but with a butterfly and stars stencil, then added some patterning to the butterfly's wings with metallic pen and some tiny sequins. Again I finished with a couple of stamped sentiments and some sequins in different shades of aqua.

The final ATC has a patterned paper background, inked with Peacock Feather, and I used the Grunge Paste through a HOTP feather stencil.  Again I coloured in detail with a metallic pen, stamped and added sequins as before.

They are now on their way to the States for a swap, who knows where they will finally end up?

No comments:

Post a Comment