Wednesday 14 January 2009

Today's makes

I have been catching up with this month's swaps on the Crafts Beautiful forum.  

These are the first ATCs I have made.  The theme was "Fantasy" and I wanted to do fantasy horses.  I couldn't find a Pegasus or Unicorn anywhere in the shops so I ended up searching for clipart instead.  I printed them off and painted them with shimmering mica paint in cream for the bodies and purple shimmer for their manes and wings.  Their hooves and the unicorn's horn are highlighted with silver gel pen.  The background for the Pegasus is mulberry paper in pale blue and white, with crystal glitter glue on the clouds, whereas the Unicorn is mounted on ironed Angel fibre in a sea green colour, decorated with punched paper flowers.

The theme for January's bookmark swap is "Monochrome" so I have used papers from the "A Hint of Pink" stack from Dovecraft and highlighted them with crystal glitter glue and black glitter.  It's my turn to host the bookmark swap for February so I have started the poll today.  The choice is between Bunnies, Transport, Sweets and Birds.  Guess which is my favoured theme!

I now need to get on with the jewellery swap - either earrings or a hair slide in purple...

1 comment:

  1. They are gorgeous, funny i done a unicorn one as well for the swap, love the colours on the bookmark.

    ReplyDelete