Saturday 3 November 2018

Day of the Dead ATC Coins

If you like making ATCs (Artist Trading Cards) you'll love the new Artist Trading Coins!  2 1/2" circles instead of 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" rectangles but the principle is the same.  They're great for trying out new techniques too!

These are my first Coins, made for a RAK Challenge on the NJJM Facebook recently.  The theme was "freestyle" but as I was making mine at the end of October I used a free cover stamp from Craft Stamper magazine and went with a Dia de los Muertos theme.


I printed off a distressed purple damask pattern background paper, die cut it into coins, added a glitter glue spider's web, some book paper and a strip of script washi tape.  Then I stamped and coloured my skulls, fussy cut them and popped them on the top.  They are now winging their way to Australia, but I made myself an extra one so I can keep one myself, as I realised that I hardly have any of my own makes as they are mostly swaps and presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment